Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cover Comparisons #50: Glimmerglass by Jenna Black


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.

You can still vote for your favorite German cover of the ones I've so far featured on my blog. Go here for my Cover Comparisons Blogoversary Edition.



Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
(US / GER)


This is quite a difficult decision for me since I've never been a real fan of the US cover, but somehow the German cover is bit too usual for me - in comparison to the US version it's nothing special. While I love the red and the rose petals (the German title can be translated into Thorn of a Rose), it's something we've seen so many times before, while the US cover isn't necessarily pretty, but unique.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Don't forget to enter my blogoversary giveaway here.
Carina

11 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I absolutely LOVE the US Cover of Glimmerglass :) It's just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both covers are beautiful! I love the red on black of the German cover, but like you said, it is very similar to other covers. The US version is definitely more unique, in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the US cover, but somehow it isn't special for me anymore since the German version of "Die Stadt der verschwundenen Kinder"/"Birthmarked" by Carragh O'Brien has the same cover as "Glimmerglass".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh loves !I love the US cover more bc the font on the German cover is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the US version! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the US version and it's even nicer in person and I think it goes better with the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hands down the US version, the German version says contemporary novel to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are pretty 'meh' for me. :( Unfortunately, nothing sticks out for either of them; they're just okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DOn't find the US cover gorgeous, I don't know what but there's something that I like about it .. The German cover looks pretty but I agree it is bit too usual. I guess I'll go for the US cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a certified book lover and I'm so lucky this day I found a blog related to my one of my favorite book. Nice blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!