Monday, April 16, 2012

Author Interview + Blog Tour Stop: Quinn Loftis (Prince of Wolves)


Blog Tour hosted by Bree from These Paper Worlds Book Tours.

Today I'm welcoming Quinn Loftis, author of the Grey Wolves series on Fictional Distraction for a small and informative interview which is part of her series blog tour. Thanks a lot, Quinn, for taking your time to answer my questions!


Why don’t you start this by telling us three interesting and/or funny facts about yourself?

I like to color when I'm stressed out.
When I was a pediatric nurse I had to tackle a teenage boy with 5 other nurses in order for the lab tech to draw his blood.
I had an athletic scholarship to play soccer in college…but I didn't take it.


Did you always want to become an author? If yes, how did you make your dream come true?

Yes. It took me a long time to finally get the guts to write a full novel and with all the self publishing possibilities because of e-readers it actually wasn't too difficult to get my books on sale. The hard part is finding a market for your book and then getting your name out there. It's a lot of work.


Do you have favorite authors that inspired you and influenced your writing? Which books do you usually prefer to read and would recommend to everyone?

Patricia Briggs and Rachel Caine have both been authors that I really enjoy and have influenced my writing.


If someone asked you for advice on how to become an author, what would you tell them? Have you ever received a similar advice?

Write what you know and what you enjoy. Write all the time about anything to keep the creativity flowing. Get on the internet and seek out other's writing in the same genre. Ask questions and most of all don't give up. I got almost that exact advice.


Despite dealing with the lives of teenagers, the Young Adult genre is loved by readers of many different age groups. What made you decide to write a YA novel and what do you like most about this genre?

I love the YA genre. Love writing it and love reading it. I was blessed to have some really great friends in high school and we had more than our share of adventures. Because of that I am able to draw on my experiences, and even though times change, lingo changes, the problems and struggles teen face stay the same. Also I think it's important for teens to read and in order for them to read they have to like what choices they have.


What is your favorite part of writing a novel and what is the hardest part for you?

I love how the characters become friends to me. That sounds weird but really I begin to feel like these characters are old friends. I love seeing them grow and change. The hardest part is the first 10 chapters. Getting started and getting a flow can be challenging.


And one last question just for fun: If you could be a paranormal creature for one day, what would you be and why?

A werewolf- just think it's cool and would love to be part of a pack and experience those dynamics.



5 comments:

  1. This series sounds interesting and the covers are quite awesome!! Love the Interview, it's always nice to get to know the author a little better! The sweetest answer was : "I love how the characters become friends to me" That was cute :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I'd love to be an author just to experience what she said, becoming friends with the characters. How cool is that? But I don't think I have a writer in me LOL

    And yep, be able to take part in a pack and experience their dynamics would be quite something.

    Nice interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for having me on your site and for the awesome comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the giveaway. I would love to read this series. It sounds awesome. Please enter me in contest. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love were-creatures!! i m really obsessed with them!!
    i hope i get the chance of winning this series!!! that will really make my day if not my week!!! thanks for the opportunity!! i m trying to follow your blog tour :D i would love to be a part of the contest :D
    thanks for the interview, it is always nice to have an insight of the author and her reasons of writing :D
    i also love patricia briggs' werewolf series and rachel caine morganville vampires books!!!
    name: passant
    email:passantelashram@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!