Saturday, March 24, 2012

Short Story Review: The Goddess Hunt by Aimée Carter

The Goddess Hunt by Aimée Carter
Series: Goddess Test #1.5
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
First published: March 1st, 2012
Source: Bought
Format: .mobi (Kindle)
Goodreads Summary:
A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades's wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....
This might include spoilers, if you haven't read the first book.

My Rating: 4.0 / 5

What I though about it:
The Goddess Hunt is starting only a few days after the end of The Goddess Test and gives us a first glimpse into Kate's sabbatical of six months before she can return to her new husband Henry. I really loved the first book of Aimée Carter's series and was very happy to find out that there would be a novella published very close to Goddess Interrupted's release, the second book of this series.

And, as expected, The Goddess Hunt didn't disappoint. Of course there isn't anything happening that will influence the main story too much, but I always like being able to see a fictional world in between two novels. And considering there are so many different characters in this world, it turned out to be a very interesting and informative novella.

Even though I was warned by another review that Henry and Kate wouldn't have too much time together in The Goddess Hunt, I was still sad about how little they actually interacted. But considering that this takes place during Kate's sabbatical, it's understandable. And it actually just made me want to read Goddess Interrupted even more to see how their relationship will develop.

I devoured The Goddess Hunt in one, very short sitting and was happy to be back in Kate's world and read a few chapters from Henry's point of view. Aimée Carter has made it possible for me to get back into the story without any confusions, even though I have read the first book in the series almost a year ago. If you liked The Goddess Test, I'd definitely advise you to continue this series and read The Goddess Hunt before starting the second book.

Challenge(s):
YA Mythology Challenge 2012

Books in this series:

The Goddess Test (#1) - my review
The Goddess Hunt (#1.5)
Goddess Interrupted (#2 - March 27th, 2012)
The Goddess Legacy (#2.5 - July 31st, 2012)
The Goddess Inheritance (#3 - October 2012)

Have you read this series? What did you think about it?
Do you plan to read it?
Carina

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you enjoyed this one! I'm quite curious about this series. I don't know why I haven't read it yet. o: Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!