Monday, March 12, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #20


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

Having finished the books that I planned to read last week, I will start this new week with The Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski, a book that I received for its upcoming blog tour - and a book that I'm really excited for. It sounds like an awesome read!
Goodreads Summary:
After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.

Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.

As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.

Then I'll read Heaven by Christoph Marzi, a book that I've been dying to read ever since I first read its summary. When I found out that it's originally been written in German, I was looking forward to comparing original and translation with each other, but sadly I would have had to wait for weeks to borrow it from my local library. That means I'll read the translation (ARC) first and maybe I'll get to the original sometime later.
Goodreads Summary:
The night that Heaven lost her heart was cold and moonless. But the blade that sliced it out was warm with her dark blood...

David Pettyfer is taking a shortcut over the dark rooftops of London's brooding houses, when he literally stumbles across Heaven: a strange, beautiful, distraught girl who says that bad men have stolen her heart. Yet she's still alive...

And so begins David and Heaven's wild, exciting and mysterious adventure - to find Heaven's heart, and to discover the incredible truth about her origins.

Part thriller, part love story and part fairy tale, this brilliantly original novel from a bestselling German author will take your breath away...

I'm also hoping to be able to start Goddess Interrupted by Aimée Carter later this week. I loved The Goddess Test and might even download a copy of the novella The Goddess Hunt before reading book #2 of this incredible series!
Goodreads Summary:
Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh Heaven looks good! I also have to get to reading the Goddess Test soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mayfair Moon looks pretty good; I haven't heard of it before... I got The Goddess Test this weekend from the library so I'm excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mayfair Moon and Heaven sounds good! Unfortunately, I have yet to read the Goddess Test so I can't judge on Goddess Interrupted. I hope you'll enjoy your reads this week, Carina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I'm quite curious about The Mayfair Moon. I'll be waiting to hear what you think about it! And yay, Goddess Interrupted! Although I still haven't read the series.

    I hope you accomplish reading all these fantastic books, Carina! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't LOVE The Goddess Test, I didn't even totally like it, yet something is pulling me back to see what's in store in Goddess Interrupted. Hopefully I enjoy it much more this time around!

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goddess Interrupted is on my TBR list for March,too. I just have to read The Goddess Test first. Enjoy your reads;)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!