Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cover Comparisons #47: Starters by Lissa Price


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



The newest winner is the UK cover of Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan.





Starters by Lissa Price
(US / GER)


While I don't own a copy, I have seen enough photos / vlogs to know that the US cover of Starters is really gorgeous. It's shiny and this digital image doesn't even come close to doing it justice. But at the same time I'm very fascinated with the German cover. There's something about its darkness and the anonymity that would make me want to pick it up immediately - even more than the US cover.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Thanks to Blogger posting my original Cover Comparisons post for this week on Monday already (you can see it here), you get two chances to vote for your favorite covers.

Carina

5 comments:

  1. Ooh both are awesome. I love the US cover in real life though, it's shiny like a mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't like the US version that much... too unreal, I think :( I like the German one better! Yep, there's something about its anonymity that makes it all the more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both pretty unsettling - and intriguing. Can't make my mind up either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both :D But, yeah, I love the US cover the most :) I have this book, and it is beyond gorgeous. <3 Although not so impressed with the book :p Read only 20 pages and gave up because of bad writing :\ but! I will give it a second chance someday because of the plot and the cover :D
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I prefer the German cover this one. :) I'm not really fond of the US cover for some reason. lol!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!