Monday, March 26, 2012

Cover Comparisons #46: Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.


Last week's winner is the US cover of Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.




Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
(US old / US new / UK / GER)


A colour scheme is definitely recognizable and I love it. Sadly I like the German cover the least - in my eyes it's just weird and I don't think I'd ever pick it up in a book store. Love the US and UK covers though and I'm having a hard time to decide on a favorite. I think I like the new US cover best, because I love everything about it - the picture and how its colors were so beautifully modified, the light (= the glow)... just everything. For the second place, it's a tie between the old US and the UK cover - they're really beautiful, too, but in my opinion not as much as the new US cover.


Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

9 comments:

  1. I like the US old one because it makes the purple more striking and it has a cool embossing effect. I can see why they changed it though, the image in the circle looks very strange

    Jess @ Books and Sensibility

    ReplyDelete
  2. The UK ones reminds me a little of Across The Universe, but I still love it. I really love the original one and I think it's perfect! Those small window's and holes to look outside? It's catching and unique, I love it! I like the US new one but I think it's not as strong as the old one..

    Agreed, the German one is just weird and has nothing to do with the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read this book.. but it do seem awesome :D I like the first three covers; don't really like the German one either (A) But I think I like the UK one the most :) So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the UK cover! I actually have a copy of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're kidding, right? They're amazing. I really can't choose this time.
    Great post! Loved seeing them (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the UK and new US cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the UK and old US cover! I eventually voted for the UK cover, because I like the sparkles on her skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Glow! I received an ARC through Goodreads last year, and it was the old US cover, so I'm partial to that one. But I also like the new US cover - and it definitely matches the cover of the soon-to-be released sequel! I don't really care for the UK version for some reason, but the German one is interesting! Sorry I'm just now commenting - I'm way behind on my Google reader!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!