Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cover Comparisons #44: A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the new US cover of Blood Red Road by Moira Young.





A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan
(US / UK / GER)


Like so many books, I have yet to read this one as well, but I remember adding it to my to-read list without really reading the summary intently (which is awesome, by the way). And that's just because of this über-gorgeous US cover! I love the colours, the typography - everything! It would look incredibly gorgeous on my shelf. I can't really warm up to either the UK or the German cover though, which is probably because they actually seem quite cold and don't make me feel anything. I don't think I'd pick up either version in a book store.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

6 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the German cover, but I like the US one too. Unfortunately I would never pick up the UK cover, it just doesn't work for me (and that's the one I would see in the bookshop I guess!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the US one the best. Maybe because it's different since YA books are flooded with models now so it's nice to see something different. I did read this one; it was okay. Feel free to check out my Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I really love the German one, I adore the US! I definitely intrigues me and I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up in a store to find out more. The UK one I just don't like at all though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a difficult decision! Mainly because I discovered both the US and UK version at the same time (I thought they were like paperback and ebook editions, not US and UK). But if I had to choose one... since like you said, the UK edition looks colder, I'd choose the US! (yay for warm colors! lol).

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!