Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cover Comparisons #43: Blood Red Road by Moira Young


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the US hardback cover of Across the Universe by Beth Revis.





Blood Red Road by Moira Young
(US old / US new / GER)


Even though I'm one of the very few (bad) people who have not read this book yet, it's no problem for me to pick a favorite cover. It doesn't happen often, but today's Cover Comparisons is easy for me:
My favorite cover of these is the new US cover - I just love the typography and the colour scheme; it makes me want to pick it up immediately. The second place goes to the German cover which has gorgeous colours and a beautiful typography as well, just not as eye-catching as the new US version. My least favorite is the old US cover which I've never really warmed up to.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

8 comments:

  1. I definitely like the new one as well. And it goes real well with the new sequel's cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the PBack version of this today in the store and really liked it! You definitely really need to check out the book. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the original US cover a lot, but I have to say that I really like the German version. It's so vibrant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new US cover is definitely the BEST!
    but the German one is a CLOSE second!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like the paperback version better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am partial to the paperback U.S cover. It's one of the reasons I purchased it.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!