Monday, February 20, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #17


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

I'm really hoping to finish Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler today, because a) I'm already in love with this book and b) my eGalley expires today and I need to know how this will end! And if you haven't put this onto your to-read-list yet, you have to do this immediately!
Goodreads Summary:
Sometimes the end is just the beginning.
Gabby lived under the radar until her makeover. Way under. but when she started her senior year as a blonder, better-dressed version of herself, she struck gold: Billy Nash believed she was a the flawless girl she was pretending to be. The next eight months with Billy were bliss...Until the night Gabby woke up on the ground next to the remains of his BMW without a single memory of how she got there.
And Billy's nowhere to be found.
All Gabby wants is to make everything perfect again. But getting her life back isn't difficult, it's impossible. Because nothing is the same, and Gabby's beginning to realize she's missed more than a few danger signs along the way.
It's time for Gabby to face the truth, even if it means everything changes.
Especially if it means everything changes.

I also really want to read Ditched, A Love Story by Robin Mellom, which I got from NetGalley a while ago. Sadly they didn't have a Kindle version, so I have to read this on my laptop, too. I hope I can finish this before the eGalley expires, because it sounds like a really fun and fast read.
Goodreads Summary:
High school senior Justina Griffith was never the girl who dreamed of going to prom. Designer dresses and strappy heels? Not her thing. So she never expected her best friend, Ian Clark, to ask her. Ian, who promised her the most amazing night at prom. And then ditched her.



And I'm also planning to read Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley. It's been released last week and it's definitely time for me to finally pick up the eARC I got from NetGalley and review this. And, it sounds absolutely fabulous and so many other bloggers loved it!
Goodreads Summary:
Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?
  

5 comments:

  1. Where it Began is definitely one of my anticipated books of 2012. I really hope you like it because it sounds so so good!

    You haven't read Graffiti Moon? You totally should! It's short and nice and beautiful and breathtaking and you need to read it asap! I know I loved it :)

    Have a nice week~

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of these are on my TBR list, though Graffiti Moon is definitely the highest - I've been waiting impatiently for it to arrive in my mailbox. I hope you like all three (and can find out what happens in Where It Began!)

    This week I've decided to take on The Fault in Our Stars, with several kleenex at the ready haha. I'm also re-reading Clockwork Angel so I can begin Clockwork Prince since it's due back at my library soon.

    Happy reading! Xx
    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read graffiti moon, it was great! but i can't wait to read Ditched and where it began!!

    - Juhina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I'm glad you're already loving Where It Began! It definitely sounds great! Hope you make the deadline. o: And Graffiti Moon looks super good as well. Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Graffiti Moon the other week and I really enjoyed it so I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!