Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cover Comparisons #41: Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the US cover of Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce.





Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff
(US / GER)


This is one of the books that has been on my to-read list for a long time now, but I haven't read it yet nonetheless. And I also have to say that it wasn't the US cover that made me want to read it, but just the summary. While I love the typography, the pictures of the faces on the cover look weird and out of place. Sadly I like the German cover even less since it's a little bit too dull for me. I think it would look a lot better with a few more hints of other colors.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Remember to check out my intl. giveaway for the I ♥ YA GIVEAWAY HOP.
Carina

7 comments:

  1. I actually like the German cover more. The US cover's models are kind of smarmy and make me not like them right away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like either of these covers O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don''t feel so hot about both of these covers, Carina, but I love the font they used in US cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of either, but I'd be more likely to pick the US one up! I like the color contrast better. o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that I am not a big fan of either of them. But between the two.. I chose the US cover.

    Also...
    There is a book tag that is going around that other bloggers get tagged and asked questions. I tagged you in my post. Go check it out and join in on the fun!

    http://little-red-reads.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tag-fun.html

    xo
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!