Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cover Comparisons #40: Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the UK / new US cover of Die For Me by Amy Plum.





Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
(US / GER)


I think that this is a very difficult comparison since both covers are completely different. But at the same time they stick with the red color, which is an obvious choice considering the title the fairytale this novel is retelling. Since I haven't read Sisters Red yet and therefore can't really say which cover might reflect the actual story the most, I can't really decide which cover I like better. But if I had to make a decision, I'd choose the US cover since it's definitely more unique while there are lots of covers out there that are similar to the German cover.

Which version do you like best?
US GER   
pollcode.com free polls 



I've missed being online and blogging so much during the last week, but now my exams are finally over and I can go back to a somewhat normal life. And I'm starting this with a Cover Comparison post and hope to make up for the lack of posting during the last few days (and especially my lack of commenting on other blogs during the last weeks) soon.

Carina

8 comments:

  1. I love the German cover of this one! (and I missed your posts so much!).
    Glad you are back^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The German cover is really pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the US cover the most :D Even though the German cover is gorgeous, it reminds me of the movie The Village, which I kind of didn't like (A) Hih :) I just bought this book today :D Very excited to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to say the US one as well! I love how unique it is. Seriously, the design with everything in one... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't help but to love the U.S cover !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a long time fan of Sisters Red US cover. I featured it as my Shelf Candy pick at one point. This is my first time seeing the German cover. Thanks for sharing it.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!