Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cover Comparisons #39: Die For Me by Amy Plum


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the US cover of Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.




Die For Me by Amy Plum
(Old US / New US + UK / GER)


This is such a hard decision! Even though the German cover is definitely not my favorite, I love the fairytale-like look of it. At first I didn't really like it, but the more I see it, the more I fall in love with it.
I actually prefer the other covers a little bit more though. But I'm really not sure whether I like the old US cover or the new / UK one better. Both of them represent the story of Die For Me in their own way and I probably would have picked up both of them in a store.

Which version do you like best?
Old US New US / UK GER   
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

10 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! My fav is the US one though. I love covers that have read and this one is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite cover is the new US + UK(:
    The old one's design looks missing, its quality isn't that good. The German cover looks nice but it's too much complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely love the new US & UK cover. It's the cover of the one I own and I think it's absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm weird but I ALWAYS like the first cover I see of a book. Which, in this case, would be the New US version. I like the dress, the swirls, the colors... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm I don't know if it's just me, but I see a very striking similarity between the girl on this cover and the girl on the Stepback page of Karen Marie Moning's Paperback of Shadowfever?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Old US cover has never been out... it's only for ARCs if I'm not mistaken. After they realized that the cover was not good they changed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the US/UK cover. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look the Norvegian cover up for this book as well, Carina - it's magical! I do love all of these, but prefer the new US/UK one among these three.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first I've seen of the German cover. It's very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!