Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #42: Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
Series: The Lost Souls #1
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Expected Publication: April 2012
Goodreads Summary:
What if you were mankind’s last chance at survival?

Sixteen-year-old Tess lives in a compound in what was once the Western United States, now decimated after a devastating fourth World War. But long before that, life as we knew it had been irrevocably changed, as women mysteriously lost the ability to bring forth life. Faced with the extinction of the human race, the government began the Council of Creators, meant to search out alternative methods of creating life. The resulting artificial human beings, or Chosen Ones, were extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.

Life is bleak, but uncomplicated for Tess as she follows the rigid rules of her dystopian society, until the day she begins work at Templeton, the training facility for newly created Chosen Ones. There, she meets James, a Chosen One whose odd love of music and reading rivals only her own. The attraction between the two is immediate in its intensity—and overwhelming in its danger.

But there is more to the goings-on at Templeton than Tess ever knew, and as the veil is lifted from her eyes, she uncovers a dark underground movement bent not on taking down the Chosen Ones, but the Council itself. Will Tess be able to stand up to those who would oppress her, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?

Entangled Publishing definitely has an awesome bunch of YA books. I can't wait for this one to be released, because it sounds really intriguing and unique.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

21 comments:

  1. This one sounds so good and I really like the cover. I can't wait until this one comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I definitely agree with this one---love the cover, love the storyline. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This one is now on my to-read list (A) <3 It seems great :D Awesome pick ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one from the cover reveal a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait for this book! Seems like a very intriguing book ;) Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I can't wait for this either!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of Entangled's books yet, but I DO have a copy of the delicious Obsidian sitting on my TBR BEGGING for a spare slot to be read!! The Chosen Ones sounds AMAZING and I am a huge fan of dystopians. Plus I love the overall vibe of the cover. Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Obsidian is amazing! I really hope you'll find time to read it soon. I have yet to read many of their YA books and only haven't yet because there are many other books I had to read first. But the reviews I've read are incredible and I hope to catch up on them soon. .D

      Delete
  7. I haven't even heard of this one before, but it sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this one too. After the I took part in the cover reveal I sent an email about an eARC, but never heard anything back. Here's my WoW http://booklovingme.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-www-wednesday-1-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of this book. I would only get because if it. Luckily the blurb sounds great too.
    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds oooooo good!!! The cover is so pretty and the story sounds very intriguing! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Chosen Ones sounds awesome! I'm going to add this one to my Goodreads! Thanks for sharing :) and Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds really good. I am adding it to my list now.
    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I perfectly agree, Entangled really has some awesome books in their portfolio and I liked a lot of their books. This one sounds awesome, so that you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love dystopian book and I'm really looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-7-brave-new-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this one sounds really unique! I hadn't heard of it until now but I'll definitely be adding it to my wishlist :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg I so can't wait for this one either. I've loved every Entangled book I have read so I know this will be awesome!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm super curious for this one as well! It sounds awesome, and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book sounds great, Carina :) I was part of the cover reveal a short while back.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!