Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #41: Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
Publisher: Delacorte Press (Random House)
Expected Publication: June 12th, 2012
Pages: 288
Goodreads Summary:
Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistable good looks and charm on ususpecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.

It seems as though 2012 might be the year of awesome mermaid books. This one sounds really great and I'm definitely waiting impatiently to get my hands on a copy of Lies Beneath.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

22 comments:

  1. This one sounds absolutely amazing and I really like the cover. I'm anxious to get my hands on a copy as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I'll have to check it out :)

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, seems like an awesome book :D I got declined to read it via NetGalley :p Might check it out when it comes out ;D Great pick :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to this as well. 152 days to go!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This not only sounds amazing, but that cover is awesome! 2012 really is the year of the mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is on my TBR list too. It sounds great and the cover is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here! And I need a paperback copy because the cover is just...breath-taking!

    Here's my pick for this week.

    Have a great day,
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick, I am excited for this one as well! I have recently become obsessed with mermaid books and this sounds good. I love the cover too.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this one on netGalley. The Cover and blurb are quite intriguing. And I'm getting more and more interested in mermaid stories. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I really want to read this
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds simply excellent. It is on my Wishlist. Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never read a mermaid book but perhaps I should because this sounds awesome. Great pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for this. I haven't read a ton of mermaid books, and the ones I read I didn't really like, but this one definitely sounds awesome.

    My WoW: http://zoeysuncreativelytitledblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love mermaids, so I should definitely check this book out! I haven't read any mermaid books which is so terrible of me, I just haven't found one that catches my eye. This one looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog as well <3 :]

    -
    Jessirae Words, pages and books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had this as a runner-up this week! So interesting :) Mermaids, just when you think they have covered it all!

    Here's mine
    Glitter Lit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for mermaids/mermen! Definitely excited for this one. I love the cover!
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds really good. I haven't read many mermaid books, but I'm going to have to make sure I read this one. It's kind of strange that it's a mermaid book told from a merman's perspective. It'll be interesting. I really love the cover too. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-6-devotion.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got the ARC of this off Netgalley and I am so excited to read it! It sounds really good and I love the fact that it's from a male's POV! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh I JUST requested this from Netgalley earlier tonight before seeing it was your pick! It sounds really good!

    Michele | WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh this is on netgalley! I can't wait to read it it looks awesome!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am really looking forward to reading this as well! I requested it on Netgalley... Fingers crossed that I get approved! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!