Friday, January 6, 2012

TGIF #2: Reading Resolutions

TGIF is a weekly meme, hosted by Ginger at GReads!
This week's question:

Reading Resolutions: What are some of your reading goals for the new year?

First of all, I have joined quite a few reading challenges for 2012: the Debut Author Challenge, the YA Mythology Challenge, the YA Contemporary Challenge and the 2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge. You can see regularly updated lists with the books I plan to read here.

I also joined the Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge for which I'm planning to read 111 books (pretty number, isn't it?), but actually I'm hoping to get a lot more reading done.

I'm also hoping to read quite a few of my "own" books which are either waiting impatiently on my shelf or on my Kindle for me to pick them up. That's actually why I joined the 2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge, because I'm starting to feel bad about neglecting the books I've spent quite a bit money on.

Other than that, I don't have any real reading goals for 2012. I just want to read the sequels to the amazing books I've read last year, find new authors (especially indie authors) and have a lot of fun continuing this blog. :)

What are your reading resolutions for 2012?
Carina

7 comments:

  1. Great resolutions!
    I'm fighting my TBR pile too! Hopefully with at least some success.

    Happy Friday! My TGIF and FF post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals! There are quite a few sequels I want to read too, plus some fantastic authors I was introduced to in 2011 that I want to read more from in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree about picking up my "own" books. I was perusing my piles yesterday and I realized I own a lot of great books! I'm booked solid for January, but I'm going to try to read more of my own books too!

    You can see my TGIF here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great number there - 111
    I've kept my reading challenge at 80 books again, but I hope to get to 100. Will see how much free time I get this year ;))

    Happy midnight reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 111 books? Impressive!! I don't try for a number --- makes me less anxious that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some good resolutions. I've only joined one challenge so far (Evie's TBR Pile Challenge, which I recommend if you're wanting to dig into more of your "own" books). I want to join more but I don't want to overwhelm myself. lol

    Also, if you're looking to dig into your pile, you should join up with my new monthly meme, Random Reads (http://imlovingbooks.com/features/random-reads/genesis-bernard-beckett-rr2.html). Digging into my virtual pile is one of my resies to so that's why I made it. But there are people who are using their physical bookshelf with it as well. I think it'd help if you're interested. :)

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. 111 books is a pretty number!! I'm hoping to tackle some of the books I already own as well this year. :) Happy FF, Carina!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!