Monday, January 16, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #12


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

Since the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge has now officially begun (check out my participation post for more information here), I'm going to start this week with My Soul to Lose, the prequel novella (#0.5). I have heard many great things about this series, so I'm excited to find out more about it.
Goodreads Summary:
It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....

And because I've really been dying to read this series lately, I'm going to continue this week by reading My Soul to Take. Actually I'm hoping to get to read more this week, but keep the pressure low (I'll have to learn a lot) I'm just planning to read these two.
Goodreads Summary:
She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?
 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I still have to read this series too. I have book 1 at home but haven't taken the time to read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already finished with MY SOUL TO LOSE (even though I should be learning) and really liked it and can't wait to really start MY SOUL TO TAKE. You should join Fiktshun's Soul Screamers Reading Challenge, if you want to read that series, too. (Check here.)

      Delete
  2. I've been kind of confused on the order of this series, but I've heard it's great! I can't wait to hear what you think. :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now own the first three books in this series ;) With the 0.5 being one of them (A) Hih. Will read them soon, I think ;) They do seem great :)
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!