Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cover Comparisons #38: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week
's winner is the German cover of Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.




Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
(US / GER)


The first thing I thought about when I decided to do this week's Cover Comparisons for this book: wow, I really need to start this series soon.
I have to admit that I didn't really like the US covers for this series, when I first saw them. But the more I look at them, the more I start to appreciate them - especially their focus on highlighting the title with this beautiful font and color.
I like the German cover a little bit better though. It doesn't necessarily tell me more about the story, but I think that it would appeal to me a lot more if I saw both covers next to each other in a store.

Which version do you like best?
US GER   
pollcode.com free polls 




Carina

8 comments:

  1. I'm actually the other way around! Though I really like the German one, the US one appeal to me a whole lot more and I'd be more likely to pick that one up in a store! I just like how simple it is, the coloring and the text. It's so... mysterious and that intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both covers, but for different reasons. :) I still need to read this series as well... I should totally do that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I much prefer the US cover, if only because I'm a fan of covers that are simple yet eye-catching. I need to reread the first book and continue on from there, as it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like the US cover. The German cover is nice too but the US cover just really grabs my attention. The cover is the reason I picked it up in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the US cover. It has that creepy gothic feel that matches the book perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. German cover is not only better, it's actually more related to what's happening in the book. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost always prefer the German cover for some reason. :) This one is definitely better.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!