Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cover Comparisons #37: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the German cover of Angel by L.A. Weatherly.





Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
(US / UK / GER)


While I love the mysterious appearance of the US cover and the gorgeous colors of the UK cover (it's really pretty in real life), my favorite is the German version. Not only does it look really beautiful, but it represents a lot more of the story than the other two covers too. Especially the subtitle (Zwischen den Welten which means Between the worlds) and the gorgeous typography would make me want to pick it up immediately.

Which version do you like best?
US UK GER   
pollcode.com free polls 




Carina

10 comments:

  1. Of those three I like the German one best, too.
    But I remember somebody's ARC quite well (still jealous :P) and that one was the prettiest version I've seen so far..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the German cover is definitely the prettiest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the US edition, and I kind of love it, but I love the UK cover the most :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the German and way more than the US one! But for some reason I just love the UK most. o: I dunno. I think it's the coloring I'm a sucker for, haha. But the German is definitely a closer runner up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh the GER one is pretty! I think I prefer the US one though still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the majority I love the German cover :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!