Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cover Comparisons #36: Angel by L.A. Weatherly


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.


Last week's winner is the US cover of Where She Went by Gayle Forman.





Angel by L.A. Weatherly
(UK / US / GER)


I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the UK original covers of this series, but I'm very happy that I got the UK versions sitting on my shelf (thanks to the lovely Donna), because the books are released earlier than the US versions and since I'm really hoping to get to start this series soon, I won't have to wait as long as the US readers for the third book.
I really love the US cover; it's definitely my favorite of these three. The picture, the colors, the typography - everything is perfect and creates a book I'd immediately pick up in a bookstore.
I also really like the German version, but since I've seen the photo on the Italian Paranormalcy cover, I'd immediately connect this cover with Kiersten White's series. It's beautiful though, but I prefer the intense colours of the US cover to the black and white.

Which version do you like best?
UK US GER   
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

6 comments:

  1. I like the US cover. The Angel is really burning.
    I never knew you do cover comparisons until today. I have mine too. I just started it last week. I live in Indonesia, so I guess we both lucky to live in countries other than US/UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually quite like the Germany cover. No idea if it fits the story, but it's gorgeous :)
    If I were to buy the books I'd probably go for the US cover but more because that book is called Angel Burn (the UK one is only Angel) which is more in line with the series' other volumes.
    I know I have strange mind... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the US cover! That's awesome that you get to read them before we in the US do. :) I have the second book on it's way to me now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the US cover looks the best(: I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow they're all great! My fav. is... umm.... UK. More eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!