Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cover Comparisons #35: Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the US cover of Hourglass by Myra McEntire.





Where She Went by Gayle Forman
(US / UK / GER)


The US and the UK cover are, thanks to the picture of the girl, quite similar. But I definitely prefer the US version, because I think there's a bit too much going on in the UK version. I love the proportions and the typography of the German cover, but I'm not exactly sure whether I'd prefer it to the US version since it's quite dark.

Which version do you like best?
US UK GER   
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

9 comments:

  1. I like the US cover best.. It's not too crowded, and I love the pretty girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I def. prefer the US one. The UK one looks like bad Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like the US one the best. I like that it has the foggy background because we're not supposed to know "where she went" lol. Plus I love the font and everything. The other two are just meh.

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three covers are pretty, but yeah, I also prefer the US one :D Not sure why.. it just seems so much prettier :)

    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually prefer the UK version over the US version! I like that it reflects the story a bit more, what with the bridge. :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind the bridge in the UK version (though it does look like a bad Photoshop job), but I like the US better because of the font choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I once compared the IF I STAY covers in my cover feature and I really liked all of them, just like the covers of WHERE SHE WENT. The German could even be my favourite this time.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!