Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #38: This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Expected Publication: June 19th, 2012
Pages: 320
Goodreads Summary:
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?

A while ago I didn't really like zombie books, but at the moment I'm really intrigued by them and definitely want to try out a few. This one sounds especially interesting and that's why I put this onto my to-read list for 2012.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

17 comments:

  1. Great pick! Zombie books aren't usually my thing but this one sounds really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! The synopsis caught my eye from the beginning! i actually never read a zombie book before... But this sounds very interesting!!
    Thanks alot for sharing dear!!

    Farah @ Maji bookshelf
    Here is OUR WOW: http://majibookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pick my dear! I read Fall for Anything and I really liked this author! looking forwards for this one =D yay! muah!


    MY WOW!

    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! Zombies didn't really appeal to me a while back too but now I find them really interesting haha. I don't know why but I really like the name of this as well. It's unique compared to all the other young adult novels these days :) Thanks for sharing!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I kept ignoring this cause I thought it was contemporary!! My mistake! Now that I know zombies are involved, I'm so gonna read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any books involving zombies, but like you, am really intrigue by them lately.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been on my radar for a while actually. Great pick! I love the sound of this book and the cover is really intriguing. :)

    Take a look at mine when you have the chance. :) My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen this everywhere recently. It does sound realy good. The cover grabs you! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great WoW :D Seems like an interesting book :)
    Love, Carina
    www.carinabooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not someone who really like Zombie books, but I'll read them if the story interests me. And I have to say I am intrigued by this one. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-3-lenobias-vow.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cover! Although it looks a little creepy. I like the sounds of the book!! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen a lot of WoWs about this book before! The cover gives me chills. Great choice!

    Sophia
    My WoW :)
    The Book Basement

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, zombie book! They always seem to freak me out! This sounds like a really good book though. And the cover is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://jessiraelloyd.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. That sounds REAL good o.o Great pick! I'm definitely adding it to my to-read pile.

    What I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh this is definitely new to me! Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Courtney summers writes in a very literary, yet completely accessible way. Her characters are sharply drawn and morally messy in the face of the zombie apocalypse. Most of the characters in THIS IS NOT A TEST will incite hatred from readers at various points throughout the book. Some will redeem themselves, others will have flashes of reform that only pave the way for greater acts of depravity. Many times while reading I thought the zombie infested world outside was preferable to the breakdown inside.

    The plot unfolds in shocking scenes. Some violent, some emotionally devastating. If you normally shy away from zombie books because of the gore factor, give THIS IS NOT A TEST a chance. Most of the violence in this book is carried out by humans, and the zombie interaction is not graphically described. The real impact of this story is about the emotional fallout that the six surviving teens experience. The protagonist, Sloane, specifically because of her unique reaction to the apocalypse stemming from her past. This is a powerful and immensely satisfying book.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!