Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 10 Characters in 2011


Top 10 of 2011 is hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound by Books, Jamie & Patricia from Two Chicks on Books and Rachel from Fiktshun. It's a great opportunity to go back and remember all of the books you've read in 2011. For more information go here.

Just like the previous three posts (Top 10 Books I've Read in 2011 // Top 10 Covers of 2011 // Top 10 Book Boyfriends in 2011), this is a very hard post to write. When I first thought about my favorite characters, all of my book boyfriends of yesterday's list came to my mind. Then the heroines from my favorite books. Needless to say, this list could be endless.

So I'm trying something different to try and stick to ten characters only. I've created a few categories and will tell you my favorite characters that fit into them, so I won't repeat yesterday's list.


My favorite villains:


Warner from Shatter Me
Roman from Blue Moon

It's hard to explain why I like these two so much, especially since it's been a while since I read Blue Moon (beginning of 2011, even before I started blogging). It's probably because they are very hard to hate or maybe because I love to hate them. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to see more of them.


My favorite heroines:


Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door
Emerson from Hourglass
Rose from Vampire Academy

These girls are unique in the YA world. I love their wittiness, how they're able to fight for themselves and the things they believe in and how much they care about others.


My favorite "messed-up" characters:


Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Cole from Linger & Forever

I don't think it's a secret that Mara Dyer is a seriously messed up character, but considering the things she is experiencing I think it's appropriate; it's what makes this novel so special. And Cole is definitely messed up, too, but I always enjoy reading the chapters from his point of view the most.


Characters who never fail to make me smile:


Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments / The Infernal Devices
Puck from The Iron Fey
Adrian from Vampire Academy / Bloodlines

When these characters appear, I squee like a little girl. They're special and I love them soooo much. I know that Puck and Adrian already appeared in my Top 10 Book Boyfriends list, but I just needed to mention them again - they're that awesome.

Please link your lists below so I can check out your favorite characters! Were you able to stick to ten people only or did you give in to your love for them?
Carina

9 comments:

  1. Great list! I need to read some of these books soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! Especially on the villain front: Warren was easy to hate, but he was also very interesting! I still need to read Linger, but now that I know there's a "messed up" character involved, I'm more interested! :) Great list, Carina.
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing so much about characters in Shatter Me and cannot wait to read it! Mara and City of Bones are in the right spot for me as well! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! I love Warner, Emerson and Cole :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your lists! I like how you chose to do more than one category.

    My List: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-characters-in-2011-couples.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the way you organized your list! It's awesome that you included Warner from Shatter Me. He was so hateable, but definitely an interesting character... I didn't even think to put down characters who were villians, but he'd definitely be on my list if that were the case!

    Adrian! He's my favourite! I love him <3 And Rose, too! She is also awesome.

    My list is here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eee Magnus Bane!! (That was definitely me squealing like a little girl lol) He will always hold a soft spot in my heart.

    Love how you chose to present your list!

    Top 10 Book Characters of 2011
    Kelly | Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love Warner even if he's a villain! most likeable villain in the history of my reading! Magnus Bane and Puck yay! and Mara? I would have picked Noah haha swoooon! Ohh I forgot Book Boyfriend haha and Lola ;3 Great picks!

    Here' s my Top 10 Characters of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!