Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 10 Books I'm looking forward to in 2012


Top 10 of 2011 is hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound by Books, Jamie & Patricia from Two Chicks on Books and Rachel from Fiktshun. It's a great opportunity to go back and remember all of the books you've read in 2011. For more information go here.

This is the last week for this "challenge" and I'm almost sad to see it end. It was so much fun to put together lists even though it's almost impossible to limit them to ten books / characters only. Today's list has proven to be just as difficult as the last four ones. There are definitely more than just ten books I'm looking forward to in 2012!



Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Expected Publication: January 24th, 2012
(HarperCollins / Balzer + Bray)

Luckily I already have an eARC for this one, because I'm dying to read this. It sounds absolutely fantastic and almost everyone who has already read it, loved it!



Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected Publication: May 2012
(Entangled Publishing)

It's almost impossible to describe how much I loved Obsidian. Oh, Daemon, I'm already missing you! I definitely need this second installment in this series as soon as possible!



In Too Deep by Amanda Grace
Expected Publication: February 8th, 2012
(Flux)

Oh, I'm dying to read this one as well. It sounds a little bit dark, but I was immediately captivated by its summary nonetheless. In my opinion, everyone should add this to their to-read lists!



The Selection by Kiera Cass
Expected Publication: April 24th, 2012
(HarperTeen)

Even if the summary didn't sound so good, I'd probably be tempted to buy this just to drool over the cover. I really need this book! Is it April yet?



City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Expected Publication: May 8th, 2012
(Margaret K. McElderry)

Clockwork Princess
by Cassandra Clare
Expected Publication: November 2012
(Margaret K. McElderry)

Okay, this is the part where I officially start to cheat. But Cassandra Clare's books are so easy and fast to read (I devoured five of them this year) that two of her book can count as one. I haven't even read CoFA, but I know that I'll probably be dying for CoLS which is why I'm trying to wait. I also really loved the second book of the Infernal Devices series and need the third installment now!



Revived by Cat Patrick
Expected Publication: May 8th, 2012
(Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)

I absolutely loved Cat's other book Forgotten and can't wait to read more of her work. Revived sounds very unique and like a very exciting novel. Need this one now, too!



Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Expected Publication: June 12th, 2012
(Egmont USA)

The first book of this series, Hourglass, has been featured on a few of my previous 2011 lists and I can't wait to find out how this story continues.



The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Expected Publication: June 19th, 2012
(Razorbill)

Adrian! Do I need to say more?! I've been missing him ever since I've finished reading Bloodlines and I can't wait to see / read about him again.



Until I Die by Amy Plum
Expected Publication: May 8th, 2012
(HarperCollins)

I loved the first book, its very refreshing paranormal aspects and the fantastic characters. Can't wait for the second installment!


And (sadly) this list won't survive without
Honorable Mentions:


Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama

(and since it has no cover yet)
Isla and the Happily Ever After
by Stephanie Perkins

... and many many more ...

Please feel free to link your own lists below and share your love for some awesome 2012 releases. It looks like my bank account will hate me next year. But it will be quite an amazing reading-year!

Carina

13 comments:

  1. Great list! Onyx and The Selection definitely make mine!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to a lot of the same books as well!! Especially the Cassie Clare books. I love her! A really looking forward to Until I Die and The Golden Lily as well. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! I'm excited for The Selection and Revived. I also can't wait to get my hands on Timepiece and Until I Die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT LIST! I'm looking forward to many of the same books (especially Clockwork Princess and The Golden Lily!) Some of them I've heard of, but haven't looked too deep into, but I'll need to add them on Goodreads because I'm sure they'll be amazing! :)

    My list is heeere :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how beautiful this post looks! : D

    I'm looking forward to reading at least 5 of them, as well! Which (obviously LOL) makes it a great list ; D (Not full of myself to day at all.. oô)

    Happy New Year and hope to see you again either in 2011 or 2012!

    My Picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Picks!!! I´ve in my list also Clockwork Princess, COLS, Isla and The Happily and The Golden Lily.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UNTIL I DIE! That is one I definitely should have listed. Amy Plum was really creative with her revenants and I'm excited to return to Paris with them. Great list, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for City of Lost Souls. I absolutely love The Mortal Instruments series. I haven't even started The Infernal Devices yet...I better get on that.

    My List: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-books-im-looking-forward-to-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are basically all of my selections! In fact I just looked at them all again, they are pretty, and indeed I want to read them all! Fabulous taste!
    Top 14 Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2012

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices! I want most all of these...now! lol

    Here's my list

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many books to look forward this 2012! You picked some of the best definitely ;) yay~ Great list! Happy New Year! Hoping 2012 brings you lots and more books! I wish you a Bookish 2012 ahead of you :D

    Here' s my Top 10 Books for 2012

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's say that now I'm looking forward some books!! (:
    Besides, The Golden Lily & Revived which I were already waiting for, I found some new books to keep an eye for them next year!
    P.S. The covers are amazing.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. NavigationOne of the biggest issues swirling around the launch of El Huffington Post will be the ones to
    help you win the job title that you want. Along with the iPhone
    5 in their own windows, and while the shutter speed is faster than on the sexcam bottom.


    Feel free to visit my web blog cam sex

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!