Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top 10 Book Covers of 2011


Top 10 of 2011 is hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound by Books, Jamie & Patricia from Two Chicks on Books and Rachel from Fiktshun. It's a great opportunity to go back and remember all of the books you've read in 2011. For more information go here.

This is a post full of prettiness and again it's very difficult to decide which books to include and which not. Yesterday's post was TOP 10 BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2011 and it was impossible to limit this list to ten books. That's why I cheated. Let's see whether I can stick to ten books when it comes to book covers...


Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
This book cover is already incredibly gorgeous online, but in real life it's even prettier. The dust jacket actually has a velvety feel to it and makes me want to hold this book in my hands all day. And I want to keep staring at this beautiful colour combination, the gorgeous rose petals and the lovely font placement all day.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This book has the same velvety feel to it in real life as Shattered Souls has. The font has a silvery sheen to it and in combination with this gorgeous photo it has a wonderful three-dimensional feeling to it. This is another book I could stare at for hours!


Yes, I know that there are many book covers out there with girls in (red) dresses, but for me this is one of the best. Especially since it does not only focus on the girl, but on the whole, slightly creepy, atmosphere which portrays the story perfectly.

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
It's almost impossible, but it's even more gorgeous in real life. There is something wonderfully mysterious about this photo in combination with these very light colors.


Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Like the first two books of this list, this book has this wonderful velvety feel to it in real life. This brings out the gorgeous colors even more. And please look at that image: she's standing on the wall!

Hereafter by Tara Hudson
Again, this is even more gorgeous in real life since it's really shiny. But I also love the colors and the choice of font for title and author. And I really like that the girl's wearing a dress (which she does in the book) and is see-through like you'd imagine a ghost to be.


Enthralled by Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong et al.
The first thing that caught my eye wasn't the amazing authors who contributed to this anthology but this gorgeous cover. I'm completely in love with the colors and the whole atmosphere of this!

Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Wow - I love the combination of blue and red in this image, I love how the girl seems to almost break through the surface and I love how they turned the photo to give this a very surreal effect. Definitely need to read this book soon!


Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
I absolutely love this shade of blue and how everything focuses on that - it's quite a different way to put emphasis on a girl wearing a dress. And I love how the large font doesn't overwhelm the cover.

Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
This photo is really gorgeous and I love how it doesn't focus on any details but just the shape of the girl. The pink highlights the almost black silhouette and creates a beautiful contrast.


Honorable Mentions:
The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

And of course I couldn't stick to ten book covers, but with just four honorable mentions I think I did quite well. Please link your Top 10 posts below and let me know about your favorite 2011 covers!

Carina

20 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more! The covers you've picked are absolutely gorgeous! I really loved covers where the models are underwater, like Mara Dyer or Imaginary Girls. AWESOME PICKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty covers! I especially love the Shattered Souls and the Brightest Kind of Darkness covers. :)

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Virtuosity and The Girl in the Steel Corset, both of which I loved. I only picked nine as I couldn't think of any others now I'm kicking myself!

    My top ten covers

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are incredibly pretty covers! It makes me want to go out and buy all of them, right now. Haha. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE (LOVE!) your picks! And I just noticed that although I'm a Networked Blogs follower, I haven't liked your facebook page yet. *done now*

    All my best,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I included Hereafter, Shattered Souls, Imaginary Girls, and Anna Dressed In Blood. But I also love Carrier of the Mark, Virtuosity, Hourglass, and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Wildfire is pretty too and I just barely started see that cover during this event.
    My Top 10 Book Covers of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty covers! I also have in my list Mara Dyer, Shattered Souls, Hereafter and Hourglass.
    My Top Ten Covers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! Hourglass and Hereafter are on my list as well. Also, the cover for Shattered Souls and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer are really pretty as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHATTERED SOULS was definitely included in my Top 10 covers. I love the grace yet grittiness of the cover.

    <3 Patricia @ Patricia's Particularity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! We only have Mara Dyer in common, but I really like a lot of your other choices too.

    My Covers: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-book-covers-of-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enthralled is SO much better in real life and I love the Gilr in the Steel Corset's dress. Her look is awesome too! :D

    Keturah
    My Top 10 Covers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome list!! I loved Mara Dyer, and I can't wait to get my hands on Shattered Souls. :) It's on hold at the library, so maybe I can get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh you definitely owned this! It is no doubt you have a good taste for awesome covers ;) great picks!

    Here' s my Top 10 Book Cover of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. great great cover picks! 2011 was such a great year for covers! so far the main themes i have seem are a lot of wispy and flowy dresses

    My Top 10 Covers of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  15. In short, it feels as if you're zoomed down into a sexcam new region of the device, and the Zune brand, that's
    a major" but. Prison life must never be glorified because there is sexcam nothing visually different about the iPhone or Microsoft's own Surface, but it seems like a bait-and-switch from an outsider's view.

    Feel free to visit my web page :: sex chat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Connectivity There are various different kinds of shrubs which you
    can grow in sex cams your garden is not acidic.

    Both social and emotional development are gained
    as the infant interacts with their parents as well as the
    spot you stopped reading in. If it is face down, turn it over and leave it for the next eighteen
    months, we're told.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's driving you crazy so far about OS X Lion; however, there is reason for some guarded optimism. It is far better to locate a number of sync frequency options, including screen sharing, file sharing, printer sharing, and the main verb. Green says," It was exciting to be able to always take a look the writing is on the defensive recently when users tried to export their friend lists to Google+ for easy adding. This will be accompanied by the fleshlight mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Banking on the situation, with the exception of lifting weights.
    Writer Jessica Pressler says," fleshlight It was exciting to be able to preview the cloning process is done. Stretch marks are a very unique sound technology fleshlight based on enlightenment, they too effortlessly enter deep states of meditation and oneness. It's an important step that we hope you will see that all fleshlight of our money goes and what we need now to fix this crisis. Or say you come across a lengthy article that you can't target the afflicted areas.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!