Saturday, December 31, 2011

Short Story Review: Things About Love by Jackson Pearce

Things About Love by Jackson Pearce
in Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Publisher: HarperCollins
First published: September 20th, 2011
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 78 - 106
Short Summary:
This short story is set in the universe of Jackson Pearce's novel As You Wish. We meet Lawrence who has been assigned Juliet, a genie and his new guard. While Juliet wants to find out more about human emotions and, most importantly, what it's like to love, Lawrence wants to fall in love himself - but he can't seem to find the right candidate.

My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
This is definitely my favorite short story of this anthology so far. It made me want to read As You Wish and others of Jackson's books immediately. Her writing is fantastic and I was pulled into this short story immediately.

Lawrence and Juliet are very intriguing characters, who are very easy to relate to. This short story is told from points of view and makes it a lot easier to understand the reasons for their behaviour and their background stories.

As the title already suggests, this is a story about love. About finding out what it feels like and about wanting to feel it. It's beautiful, it's heartbreaking and it's hopeful. Things About Love is a wonderful short story and makes this anthology even more special.

Other short stories from this anthology which I've already reviewed:

Giovanni's Farewell
by Claudia Gray
Scenic Route by Carrie Ryan
Red Run by Kami Garcia

Have you read any of Carrie Ryan's novels? What did you think about them?
Carina

2 comments:

  1. I so have to pick this book up! I'm not really a fan of short stories but this one keep popping up with great reviews!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want this books. I have never read a YA short story and want to read one.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!