Saturday, December 24, 2011

Short Story Review: Red Run by Kami Garcia

Red Run by Kami Garcia
in Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Publisher: HarperCollins
First published: September 20th, 2011
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 57 -77
Short Summary:
In Red Run we meet Edie, a young girl who wants to take vengeance for her brother's death by killing the ghost who has killed him. But when she finally meets said ghost on the Red Run, the road where her brother and five other teenagers were killed, she finds out that nothing is like what it seems.

My Rating: 4.5 / 5

What I thought about it:
I already really enjoyed the first two short stories of this anthology and Red Run continues in making this a very enjoyable book. A few small excerpts from Edie's past make it easy to understand the current situation she is in and let the reader identify with her decisions.

The setting of this story, the Red Run, is creepy which made me try to read as fast as possible. At the moment I'm very fond of scary novels and Kami Garcia's short story is perfect for this mood. But again, I wish this were longer, but that's a problem I have to live with since I knew what I was getting myself into by buying an anthology.

All in all, Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions continues to be a wonderful distraction from learning or other important things I should be doing and it makes me want to try out different new authors, including Kami Garcia.

Other short stories from this anthology which I've already reviewed:

Giovanni's Farewell
by Claudia Gray
Scenic Route by Carrie Ryan

Have you read Enthralled or anything written by its authors? What did you think?
Carina

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one yet but I do have it on my Kindle. Some of my favourite authors in there and a few others I've heard awesome things about and really want to try out.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!