Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reading Challenges for 2012

When I started blogging in April 2011 it seemed as though it was too late to enter any of the challenges. But ever since I have been looking forward to join a few of them for 2012 and here is my post to tell you about them:

Of course I'll join the Debut Author Challenge which is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. For more information check out this post.

01. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
02. Halflings by Heather Burch
03. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
04. Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
05. Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe
06. Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
07. Slide by Jill Hathaway
08. The Selection by Kiera Cass
09. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
10. Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
11. Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
12. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

I'm sure this list will change many times and probably a thousand more books will be added during 2012. But I'm already dying to read the books I've listed above!

I'll also join the 2012 YA Mythology Challenge which is hosted by Tiffany from For Those About To Read. I love mythology novels and I'm definitely looking forward to read a few of them! For more information check out this page.

01. Fury by Elizabeth Miles
02. Goddess Interrupted by Aimée Carter
03. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
04. Abandon by Meg Cabot
05. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
06. Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout
07. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
08. Sirenz by Charlotte Bernardo
09. Siren by Tricia Rayburn
10. Ember's & Echoes by Karsten Knight

I'm sure that this list will change quite a bit as well, but I like what it looks right now. Definitely an awesome bunch of books! :)

I'm also joining the YA Contemporary Challenge 2012 which is hosted by Katie from Katie's Book Blog. I'm going to start by listing five books (level 1), but maybe I can change that list into ten books later in 2012. For more infomation about this challenge check this page.

01. In Too Deep by Amanda Grace
02. The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols
03. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
04. Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
05. Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig

I'll also join the 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge to finally reduce my reading pile. This is hosted by 10 (!) different bloggers: Evie from Bookish, Nicole from All I Ever Read, Bonnie from Hands and Home, Donna from Book Passion For Life, Caitlin from WatchYA Reading , Rie from Mission To Read, Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea , Christa from Hooked On Books, Jenna from Fans Of Fiction, Angel from Mermaids Vision.
For more information check out this page. I'll start with level 2 - A Friendly Hug, 11-20 books.

01. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
02. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
03. The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
04. Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
05. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
06. Angel by L.A. Weatherly
07. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
08. Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
09. Eve by Anna Carey
10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
11. Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter
12. Soul Thief by Jana Oliver
13. My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent
14. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
15. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
16. Fateful by Claudia Gray
17. Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson
18. Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
19. Sirensong by Jenna Black
20. Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

I can't believe that all of these (and more) are sitting on my shelf right now and I haven't read them yet! Shame on me. I think this is a very necessary challenge for 2012. Especially considering all the other books I want to buy.

These are all of the challenges I'm planning to participate in. Will you be a part of any of these? What do you plan to read in 2012? 

Carina

8 comments:

  1. I'm taking part in the Debut Author Challenge. The TBR Pile Reading Challenge sounds good since I have so many books I still have to read so I might sign-up for that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the Debut Author's Challenge and the YA Mythology Challenge as well! I have high hopes of completing both, as well as the other two I've taken part in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still not sure if I'll take part in any challenges, but the ones that you have chosen look like they'll be great fun. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, so many challenges! I just finished Solstice by PJ Hoover, a fantastic read I can only recommend for the Mythology Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list of challenges! I am joining in on the Debut and Contemp challenges for sure! I am actually hosting a new challenge called YA Saves Reading Challenges - check it out! http://www.patriciasparticularity.com/2011/12/introducing-ya-saves-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carina,
    Thank you so much for including Where It Began on your 2012 Debut Author Challenge list! Several of your selections are very high on my list, too, and I'm looking forward to reading my way through 2012.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good selection of challenges! I'm taking part in three, which you can view here, http://readingwishes.blogspot.com/p/2012-reading-challenges.html
    It looks like 2012 is going to be an excellent year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the TBR and DAC challenge. I haven't heard of the Mythology one though, I'm going too look in on it.

    You'll have some great read this year.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!