Monday, December 12, 2011

Fictional Distractions of the Week #7


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:
 
At first I'm planning to finish Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. Almost everyone who has read this one so far has loved it and so far I can only agree - it's awesome! When I read Clockwork Angel (my review), I didn't fell in love with the series immediately, but when I read the first three books of the TMI series, I couldn't wait for the second book of the The Infernal Devices series. I think I need to re-read CA sometime next year to really appreciate it.
Goodreads Summary:
The situation at the London Institute has never been more precarious. With Mortmain and his clockwork army still threatening, the Council wants to strip Charlotte of her power and hand the running of the Enclave over to the unscrupulous and power-hungry Benedict Lightwood.

In the hope of saving Charlotte and the Institute, Will, Jem, and Tessa set out to unravel the secrets of Mortmain’s past—and discover unsettling Shadowhunter connections that hold the key not only to the enemy’s motivations, but also to the secret of Tessa’s identity. Tessa, already caught between the affections of Will and Jem, finds herself with another choice to make when she learns how the Shadowhunters helped make her a “monster.” Will she turn from them to her brother, Nate, who has been begging her to join him at Mortmain’s side? Where will her loyalties—and love—lie? Tessa alone can choose to save the Shadowhunters of London…or end them forever.

Then I'm planning to read my eGalley of Fracture by Megan Miranda. This sounds like such an intriguing story and I can't wait to start it. Have you read it already? If yes, did you enjoy it?
Goodreads Summary:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

And to complete this absolutely awesome week of reading, I'm hoping to be able to start The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. I have high expectations for this, but I'm sure they'll be met!
Goodreads Summary:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week

10 comments:

  1. I loved CP and I think Fracture sounds interesting. x

    ♥Ficbookreviews♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a pretty awesome reading week for you! I'm going to finish up CP as well. I need to get to Fracture sometime this month as well, but I have no idea just about when it will be yet. And aww, Statical (and the rest I'm too lazy to type out) sounds so good. Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a great week ahead of you! I'm going to be reading Eona, The Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Boys Next Door this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I can't wait to see what you think of Fracture I plan to read it soon too. I also have to read Clockwork Angel soon o_O

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to read Clockwork Angel this week to later start Clockwork Prince :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do definitely have three good books to read this week!! I've not read the Clockwork Angel, though I'm starting to feel like I should!

    The other two look soooo good as well! I am, in fact, slightly jealous of your week!

    I'll be reading, Firelight, Red-Headed Stepchild aaaaand Unearthly this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good week of reading, hope you enjoy them all

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Clockwork Prince and can't wait for your review. Fracture I'll be reading and reviewing soon too. What a fun premise.
    ~Cassandra
    Book & Movie Blogger
    Now blogs anime, comics, manga, and graphic novels.
    Book & Movie Dimension a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I'm ITCHING to read Fracture! It sounds amazing, and I ADORE the cover for The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clockwork Prince is awesome! I can't wait to get started on Fracture. :) Enjoy your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!