Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cover Comparisons #34: Hourglass by Myra McEntire


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the US cover of Falling Under by Gwen Hayes.





Hourglass by Myra McEntire
(US / GER)


Wow, Hourglass has won the cover lottery! Both of these are soooo gorgeous. While I still prefer the US cover because its colors are a bit more cheerful, I absolutely adore the photo of the German cover and placement of the title!

Which version do you like best?
US GER   
pollcode.com free polls 




Carina

5 comments:

  1. I love the German cover! But maybe that's because of the butterflies. I love butterflies! So gorgeous.


    Sarah @Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love both equally I think. They're both so different too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those both great but I'm going to vote for the US cover(:
    That's great you get translations for so many great books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually a hard one! Even though I love the oddity of the US one, I think I love the German one more. It just captures me with those gorgeous colors and the girl... Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that was hard! both covers are SO GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!