Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cover Comparisons #32: Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner was the German cover of Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez.





  Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
(US / GER)


It's so difficult for me to pick a favorite with these. I always loved the US cover - it's beautiful, unique and when reading the summary you can even understand why they picked this image. But when I was in a bookstore last week, the German cover caught my eye immediately. Maybe it's the pink or the beautiful highlights, but it has something special. In the end, I think I have to pick the US one though, because the German cover might get a little bit boring after staring at it for a while.

Which version do you like best?
US GER   
pollcode.com free polls 




Carina

7 comments:

  1. The German one is striking, for sure, but I prefer the US one, if only because it seems more symbolic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great, but I guess the US one breaks with the trend for pretty cover girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a hard choice. I love them both. Though the one to the left feels a bit... creepier. o: More Dystopia-ish and fitting to the story definitely... (Lol, I hadn't even read the blurb before) but the German one sure is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my e-reader and can't wait to someday read. I am leaning toward the U.S. cover.
    ~Cassandra
    Book & Movie Blogger
    Now blogs anime, comics, manga, and graphic novels.
    Book & Movie Dimension a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the US one but I LOVE the German cover! It's far more striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! I do like the German better but since I havent read the book, I dont know which one represents better the book. So m totally basing my opinion in looks XD lol!! =P

    great post dear! ^.^ Love seeing foreign covers yay!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh both cover are amazing! But I do like the US one better. I really don't like pink(Heh) and I like my colors darker. :D

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!