Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cover Comparisons #31: Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner was the US cover of Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel.





  Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
(US / UK / GER)


In my opinion, Virtuosity managed to win the cover lottery. If I saw these covers in a bookstore, I think I would want to pick up all of them. My least favorite though is the UK cover - it's not as eye-catching as the other two, although I love the picture and the placement and font of the title a lot. But I have a hard time deciding whether I prefer the US or the German cover. In the end, I'm choosing the US cover since it's a little bit more unique.

Which version do you like best?
US UK GER   
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

7 comments:

  1. Oh neat! I think my fav. is the GER cover. I really like the UK one too though.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the US version is different from most other YA covers these days, but I love how the GER version actually has an instrument on display, so it won my vote :)

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the US version a lot because it's so striking. BUT I personally prefer the GER one because it's just so attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the US cover is the most unique (though it's a bit like an ipod ad) and the colors are striking. I like the German cover a lot, too, and LOVE the font. With the UK cover, the only thing I really love is the font. That beautiful y...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning, I vote (for the GER, it's beautiful!) and then spent the time reading the book. It's so good! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, wow, the German one is GORGEOUS. o.o I love the US one because it stands out, but the German... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The German cover is very pretty! But I kind of like the US cover more. Maybe it's because of the hair. ;)

    http://twitter.com/#!/Sarahbotbonkers/status/151994277797441538

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!