Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #35: Immortal City by Scott Speer


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Immortal City by Scott Speer
Publisher: Razorbill
Expected Publication: April 3rd, 2012
Pages: 336
Goodreads Summary:
Jackson Godspeed is the hottest young Angel in a city filled with them. He's days away from becoming a full Guardian, and people around the world are already competing for the chance to be watched over by him. Everyone's obsessed with the Angels and the lucky people they protect - everyone except for Madison Montgomery.

Maddy's the one girl in Angel City who doesn't breathlessly follow the Angels on TV and gossip blogs. When she meets Jackson, she doesn't recognize him. But Jackson is instantly captivated by her, and against all odds the two fall in love.

Maddy is swiftly caught up in Jackson's scene, a world of glamour, paparazzi - and murder. A serial killer is on the loose, leaving dead Angels' wings for the police to find on the Walk of Fame. Even the Guardians are powerless to protect themselves in the face of this threat … and this time it's up to Maddy to save Jackson.

This sounds soooo amazing. I'm very jealous of everyone who has received an ARC of this, because I'd love to read this right now.

Also remember to follow Fictional Distraction via NetworkedBlogs or FeedBurner.

Today's also the last day to enter two of my international giveaways:
One of 8 YA November releases (e.g. Shatter Me, The Space Between, Darker Still...).
A copy of Unlovable by Sherry Gammon.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

23 comments:

  1. Great pick! I picked up an arc of this at comic con but haven't had the time to read it yet but it sounds great. I also love the cover for it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I love the sound of this as well.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title and the synopsis sounds really gooood! definitely waiting for this one!

    Here's my WoW pick
    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Literally :P This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitely sounds like an interesting spin on angel stories! Sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like the sound of this book. love angels and this one sounds interesting. great pick!

    Our WoW pick is HERE .

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This one sounds so good and just the kind of book that I LOVE to read! Thank you so much for sharing it! It's definitely going on my wishlist.... RIGHT NOW.

    Here's what I'm Waiting On this wednesday! =]

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh oh oh oh!!! ANGEL NOVEL!! WOHOOO, Angels/Fallen Angels are my fav paranormal genre at the moment!! Cant wait for this one!!

    - juhina
    Our WOW pick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another angel book?! I thought the publishers weren't buying any more of these...lol...this sounds so good, though! Never heard of it before. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this DOES sounds good! I haven't even seen it before!? Gaah. Awesome pick Carina!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another really good looking and new read! I'm definitely intrigued. o: I can't believe I haven't seen it around? Haha, fail. It'll probably have to go into my pile as well... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The synopsis is very enticing! I'm marking this as to-read on my good reads right now! Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks amazing!!!! love his arm tat, lol


    I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for TOUCHING THE SURFACE, by Kimberly Sabatini. Releases in 2012 from Simon Pulse! Come by and check it out and comment your thoughts!!!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/wow-exclusive-cover-reveal-touching.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm...definitely a different take. A world where angels are out in the open, known and loved? And an angel serial killer? Interesting... :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds original. Your choice just intrigued me to try an angel book again after Hush, Hush failed me (oops, sorry to any fan). And it's my first time to see any blogger feature this so great job! :D

    Hope you can check out my WoW post this week:
    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/waiting-on-wednesday-6/

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover looks very nice! I like it! The book sounds interesting! Thank you so much for sharing it! Great choice!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm jealous too! This one looks so incredibly good. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this cover (so much prettier than the ARC cover) and it sounds amazing. So excited to read it! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one is on my TBR pile too! Great pick!

    XO, April @ Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by! I'm still considering this one. I'm not sure what I think about the description. I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds really awesome and I've never heard of it before. There are so many great books to look forward to next year!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhhh, I love the cover for this one! Great pick this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. They're ALREADY handing out ARCs for this book?! Oh, now I'm envious! I thought I'd read it all about angel books, but this definitely took me by surprise when I first heard about it. So excited for this!

    -Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!