Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #34: The Thing about the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Thing about the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Expected Publication: July 10th, 2012
Pages: 304
Goodreads Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Kelsey Romano has always been one of the most popular girls at Concordia Prep. But after a disastrous breakup and her subsequent meltdown (um, destruction of school property, anyone?) she's kicked out of Con Prep and shipped off to Concordia High School, for good.

Seventeen-year-old Isaac Brandano has been kicked out of more prep schools than he can name. But now that his father's State Senate campaign is pushing a public school agenda, Isaac finds himself enrolled at Concordia High.

Kelsey and Isaac are destined to hate each other. And at first, they do. But when they are forced together on the creation of a new school club, sparks begin to fly. Then the club's critical event turns into chaos. Now Kelsey and Isaac must retrace their steps and figure out how and why everything got so got screwed up, who was to blame, and how they can move forward.

This new novel from fan-favorite Lauren Barnholdt showcases--through a sweet and sparkly narrative--how the last person you expect might just be the one who changes your life forever.

Gorgeous cover, awesome summary but soooo long until its release. I want to hate publishers for teasing us with all of these amazing 2012 releases, but I'm looking forward to them too much. The Thing about the Truth is just one of many 2012 releases that are already on my to-read list.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

23 comments:

  1. This seems really interesting! Thanks for sharing! It may have to go on my wishlist! :D

    Here's what I'm Waiting On this Wednesday!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this around before and even I have to say It sounds pretty interesting!


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  3. so far i have mixed feelings about Lauren. While i liked one night that changes everything, i really hated sometimes it happens. Her covers are always gorgeous though. I will definitely check this out!!

    thanks :D

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great read, and I love the unsure look on the girl's face. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this before. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fantastic! I love it when the love interests hate each other at the start! So much yummy tension to go with!

    Great pick!

    -Kate
    my WoW: http://www.nomaliciousreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! I love the sound of this too, seems like a fantastic YA contemp ;) Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, seems like an interesting book :D Great pick ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3 And yeah! You must! Read The Gathering (A) I loved it so much. <3 :) Although it ends with a huge cliffhanger (A)
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover as well. I really should read a book my Lauren Barnholdt. Hope you're enjoying Shatter Me, I loved it!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick I am adding this one to my list now. It sounds great and I really like the cover. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean- there are SO MANY good books releasing in 2012- looks like it's going to be an awesome year for us book lovers. And this one sounds awesome, too! I love contemporary.

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh this does sound awsome! And true a very long time to wait aaah!! Grat pick, Carina!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a good pick! I love everything I've read from Lauren and I have no doubt I'll enjoy this one. I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LIKE the cover! It's so romantic!! Hehe. The book sounds so good! I have to check it out! Thank you for sharing it! Great choice!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, one more thing. Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog!! :)

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel like I've heard of this one before, it sounds really good though. Great pick. :)

    Here is my Waiting on Wednesday: WoW

    And feel free to enter my Holiday Giveaway: Holiday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh... this one looks great! I love the stories where the couple loathe each other in the beginning. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one sounds really interesting; great pick! And you're so right about 2012 - there's wayy too many upcoming releases that we're being teased with!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen this book around other blogs too. Sounds pretty interesting and I like the cover. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. For some reason the cover freaks me out a little, not too sure why! It sounds amazing though, I love when romance grows out of hatred lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. this one loooks really good!

    stop by my WOW post!? I have a few picks!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, this is new to me! I love that cover! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've yet to read anything from this author, but I'll have to check this one out for sure because it sounds like it'll be a great one! You're right, though, the wait is waaay too long!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!