Saturday, November 19, 2011

Short Story Review: Giovanni's Farewell by Claudia Gray

Giovanni's Farewell by Claudia Gray
in Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Publisher: HarperCollins
First published: September 20th, 2011
Source: Bought
Pages: 3 - 28
Short Summary:
Giovanni's Farewell tells the story of the twins Ravenna and Cairo who have been inseparable since birth. But Cairo is changing and his weird behaviour makes Ravenna worry about her brother, her best friend. On a school trip in Italy, Ravenna meets the gorgeous Giovanni who shows her that Cairo's behaviour might not be as weird as she thought.

My Rating: 4.5 / 5

What I thought about it:
This short story is amazing. Within a few pages I was completely sucked into Ravenna's world and would have loved to spend more time with her, Cairo and - most importantly - Giovanni. Claudia Gray managed to captivate me with her writing very fast and Giovanni's Farewell is a story that I'd love to read as a novel as well.

I don't want to give away too much, but Ravenna and Cairo intrigued me a lot and I love the little details about their past and their upbringing. Giovanni is a character who is easy to like and makes you want to know more about him.

All in all, Giovanni's Farewell is a lovely short story and a great start for Enthralled. I definitely can't wait to read more of these and I really need to pick up a book by Claudia Gray soon. Her writing is amazing!



Carina

2 comments:

  1. OoOH I keep hearing great things about this one. I don't usually read short stories but I think I'll make an exception!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book of short stories on my Kindle and am really looking forward to reading it. Some great authors in there.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!