Friday, November 11, 2011

Short Story Review: Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
First published: May 10th, 2011
Source: Free e-book
Pages: 62
Goodreads Summary:
For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty.

According to her mother, that’s a good thing.

But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill.

The daimons have found her.

My Rating: 5.0 / 5

First thoughts:
Once I was finished with Daimon, all I wanted to do was pick up a copy of Half-Blood to find out how Alex' story will continue. Within a few pages Jennifer L. Armentrout got me addicted to a series that I'm sure I will love.

More detailed:
I have heard so many amazing things about this series, but I never thought it was possible to fall in love with it simply by reading the quite short prequel. But Daimon is a great short story that makes me want to read its sequel immediately.

I had read that other people are reminded of the Vampire Academy series and I have to admit that I'm agreeing with them. While the story doesn't deal with vampires, the basic idea seems quite similar to me - but since I absolutely love Vampire Academy I have no problem with that and am looking forward to see how this world will develop.

Alex seems like a really intriguing character who does remind me a little bit of Rose as well, but, like I said above, it doesn't annoy me yet. I can't wait to see how she will deal with her situation and what will happen to her. All in all, Daimon is a really intriguing and well written short story and I will pick up a copy of Half-Blood as soon as possible.

Following novels of the series:

1. Half-Blood
2. Pure (April 3rd, 2012)
3. Deity (November 6th, 2012)

Have you read Daimon? What did you think about it?
Do you plan to read it?
Carina

6 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! Half-Blood is really cheap on the Kindle hun...you should get it! ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! I read it months and months ago when Half Blood eARCs were out and I loved it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series sounds so good! I'm really looking forward to starting it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review but no fang stuff for me. Moreover, girls like these books more than guys.

    P.S| Miss Dean Winchester, check your mail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this and Half-Blood. I'm so glad you agree. There is more excitement in this short story then some entire series. Just like you want Half-Blood when you finished this, you'll be pining for Pure.

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a story of love, lost, suspense, action, romance, mystery, thrill, humor, and everything you could imagined tied up into one incredible story.

    Before you leave on my final note, I want to tell you that this review ^^ is awful. This book deserves so much more praise then I can even express, just know, that you should buy it, the day it comes out on October 18th, this is a story that is going to go down Y.A book history.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!