Monday, November 28, 2011

Fictional Distractions of the Week #5


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

At first I'll finish Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber. I have only started this yesterday, but the premise is really intriguing and I'm liking it so far.
Goodreads Summary:
The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.

The next book I'll read will be dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman. I was lucky to get an eGalley of this so close to the release date and hope to enjoy it. I've read many positive reviews for it, which is actually the reason I requested it. Very excited to get into it.
Goodreads Summary:
A friend posted a video of me dancing online and now I'm now longer Alicia Ruffino. I'm dancergirl—and suddenly it's like me against the world—everyone's got opinions.

My admirers want more, the haters hate, my best friend Jacy—even he's acting weird. And some stranger isn't content to just watch anymore.

Ali, dancergirl. Whatever you know me as, however you've seen me online, I've trained my whole life to be the best dancer I can be. But if someone watching has their way, I could lose more than just my love of dancing.
I could lose my life.

And then I'm hoping to find the time to start Volition by Shawn Kirsten Maravel. I got this for review and have heard amazing things about it, which is why I'm looking forward to it a lot
Goodreads Summary:
Charlotte Rush would be the first to admit that her life is no rollercoaster ride. Her days are laced with ordinary and at times boring monotony. But with a heart that finds itself frequently broken she's happy to say that she's content.

When her friends convince her to spend the night out at a club to let loose and maybe even find a guy, she finally admits that her life might be missing something.

No sooner does she let go of her inhibitions does she find herself waking up in a dark hotel room in the presence of Joel, a man who carries mystery in his eyes and familiarity in his smile. Against reason Charlotte decides to trust him based solely on one thing. Somehow, she is sure that she knows him.

In a race against time to find answers and to solve the crime committed against her Charlotte finds herself falling for him. However, with nothing but mystery surrounding him she can't even be sure that he's the hero at all. While knowing all of the right things to say he still manages to tell her nothing. As a battle is waged over the innocence of her cryptic stranger, Charlotte discovers that much greater danger awaits her. And the mysteries behind who and what Joel is will lead Charlotte to discover that heaven and earth are not so far apart.


What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week

6 comments:

  1. Look forward to your thoughts on Darker Still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I look forward to these reviews! I really enjoyed dancergirl and I want to get Darker Still soon! Everyone seems to love it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great books! They seems all so interesting... Can't wait to read your thoughts about them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning on reading Darker Still this week too. Hope you enjoy all your books this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing what you think of Darker Still! It was definitely an interesting read. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!