Monday, November 21, 2011

Fictional Distractions of the Week #4


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

I'm planning to finish Cicada by Belle Whittington at first. While I'm enjoying it so far, I totally didn't expect what it's like. Very unique!
Goodreads Summary:
Summertime had always been carefree and fun for Blair Reynolds and her friends--until they came upon something that was not human. As the group of friends band together in a fight for their lives, Blair's true love becomes something more than human...something unnatural. And their existence relies on their ability to keep a secret.




Once I'm finished, I will immediately start Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Since so many people seem to love this I'm both, afraid and excited to start this. I really hope that I won't be let down by all the hype.
Goodreads Summary:
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

If there's some time left at the end of the week, I'll start Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber. I've heard good things about it, so I'm looking forward to find out what it's like.
Goodreads Summary:
The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.


What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week
 

5 comments:

  1. You're making a good choice to jump directly to Shatter Me. ;) I bet it's worth it. I'm sooo hoping to get my copy this week! I hope you'll get to Darker Still too, 'cause I'm really loving it so far! Looks like a great reading week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cicada looks REALLY interesting!! honestly i can barely finish one book a week, full time student and all, but your selection is great! got some review books i need to get through then im definitely reading Shatter Me! Cicada also sounds REALLY interesting! thanks for the heads up :D

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh glad you like Belle's book she's a great lady! I agree it was very unique! I also Loved Shatter Me and I can't wait to read Darker Still!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books seem great! I'm still waiting for my copy of Shatter Me..
    Have fun reading (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shattttttttter Me! So excited to see what you think of it. :) I adored that book!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!