Monday, November 14, 2011

Fictional Distractions of the Week #3


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

At first I'll finish Between the Land and the Sea by Derrolyn Anderson. I got this one for review and so far I'm really enjoying it. Such a lovely style of writing!
Goodreads Summary:
Something extraordinary is lurking in the deep ocean waters off the coast of Aptos, California. Just a few weeks after moving to the beach town, sixteen year-old Marina has nearly drowned twice, enchanted the hottest guy in high school, and discovered a supernatural creature. If she can manage to survive her increasingly dangerous encounters with unpredictable mermaids, she might just be able to unlock the mystery of her past and learn how to appease the mysterious forces that seem to want something from her... and maybe even find true love along the way.

The next book I'll read will be Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally. I got this from NetGalley for review and have been looking forward to this for a while now.
Goodreads Summary:
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.

In case I'll still have time, I'll start Cicada by Belle Whittington, a review book that I'm really looking forward to start. I've heard good things about it so far.
Goodreads Summary:
Summertime had always been carefree and fun for Blair Reynolds and her friends--until they came upon something that was not human. As the group of friends band together in a fight for their lives, Blair's true love becomes something more than human...something unnatural. And their existence relies on their ability to keep a secret.




What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great week ahead of you Carina!

    My distractions will start off with Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and may then move on to Glass Houses by Rachel Cain if I have time! :-)

    Happy Reading Yours!

    Faye
    A Daydreamer's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sure have seen that first book a lot!! i never knew it was about mermaids, yay!!

    i'm reading the iron knight right now, it's great!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!