Monday, November 7, 2011

Fictional Distractions of the Week #2


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:


At first I will finish Brightest Kind of Darkness by P. T. Michelle, a review book that I'm really enjoying so far.
Goodreads Summary:
Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.

Then I really need to read one of my NetGalley books: Crave by Melissa Darnell. I've heard mixed things about this one so far, so I'm hoping that I'll like it better than some other bloggers did.
Goodreads Summary:
Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.

For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back…different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences…

And I'm really hoping that I won't have to learn too much, so I might be able to start Between the Land and the Sea by Derrolyn Anderson as well. It's a book I got for review and I'm really looking forward to it since I have not read many mermaid stories yet.
Goodreads Summary:
Something extraordinary is lurking in the deep ocean waters off the coast of Aptos, California. Just a few weeks after moving to the beach town, sixteen year-old Marina has nearly drowned twice, enchanted the hottest guy in high school, and discovered a supernatural creature. If she can manage to survive her increasingly dangerous encounters with unpredictable mermaids, she might just be able to unlock the mystery of her past and learn how to appease the mysterious forces that seem to want something from her... and maybe even find true love along the way.


What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week

8 comments:

  1. You've got some interesting books in your pile this week! Unearthly moved way up on my list thanks to your comment on my IMM :)

    I've heard really awesome things about Shatter Me, so hopefully we'll both love it when we read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carina
    Like you I'm looking forward to Crave.
    Brightest Kind of Darkness has me looking forward to the review.
    Have a good Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crave is a fun read! It's not awesome but it's nice!I haven't read the other two


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Brightest Kind of Darkness, & really enjoyed it. I haven't read the other two, but heard they're good. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you think of Crave! I was hoping to read it before it expired, but no such luck. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're enjoying PT's book I plan to read it next week! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crave sounds so good! I think I may have to start Crave soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Crave...especially now! Love the cover!

    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!