Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cover Comparisons #28: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
(US / GER)


Yes, I'm admitting that the original cover for Anna and the French Kiss isn't the prettiest. But honestly? I'd never pick up the German one. There's nothing appealing about it for me and I'd never expect it to be a book this awesome (yes, I'm bad, I'm judging books by their cover, but that's the point of Cover Comparisons). So my definite favorite is the US cover.

Which version do you like best?
US GER   
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

9 comments:

  1. Neither of the covers for this book are great, which is a shame as it deserves a great cover! My vote goes to the US cover. It's the best of the two IMO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I don't like the GER one at all haha. Neither of them are actually that great. The US one makes it seem like a cheesy/cliché chick-lit.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I don't think I would pick up the German cover either! I like the US one well enough, but it could be better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though neither cover is particularly great, I think I prefer the US one, if only because the Eiffel Tower is on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the US one for me. Although I like the connections with the croissants in the shape of a heart. But if anything they should've done something having to do with film since that's what Anna's all about.

    But honestly, I resisted picking up Anna BECAUSE of the cover (I'm in the US). I just thought it looked kind of boring and not very exciting. So really both covers are kind of meh, but I like that one better. lol

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I wanted to put Anna in my Cover feature,too. But I'll have to wait for a third cover to appear:) I love both covers, but prefer the US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see I wasn't the only one preferring the US cover ;) The German cover seems like a 50's cook book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That German cover is really awful, I actually really like the US one but maybe it's because I'm more used to it??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought this book was very good and kept me hoping for the main characters to find the way to each other. The descriptions of Paris were amazing and makes me want to go there. Back to the story, I found the the characters to be more interesting and real than some of the young adult books out there. I really like this book so much that I bought the sequel to it called Lola and The Boy Next Door. I haven't read this one yet, but I am told that some of the characters from the first book make their way into this one and can't wait to see them again. Nice read for someone looking for something not so intense and a little romance along the way.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!