Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #30: The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Expected Publication: 2012
Goodreads Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother.

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications (again!) and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home and school. She refuses to be daunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom, or that her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists.

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of?

Annaliese? Or herself?

This has a gorgeous cover and sounds incredibly intriguing.
What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

NEW:  
Like it, if you want to. :)

P.s.: Last day to enter my international giveaways.

25 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting, and the cover is neat looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! This one sounds really interesting and I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover looks lovely! It sounds very interesting. Great choice for this week. Thank you for sharing!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks creepy!
    Great haloween pick!

    Thanks for visiting!


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second time I've seen this today. Very interesting story.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. second time seeing this one, looks and sounds great!
    Awesome pick here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing. I am putting on my TBR right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun fact: Went to put it on my GR TBR and it was already there. Do you think that is a sign that I have too many books?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cover! It also sounds so good. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crackers! COOL!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really excited for this one- it sounds so twisted, but excellent. There are so many issues that sound like they're going to come up.

    Thanks for sharing your WoW pick!

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds amazing! And the cover is really creepy with her being underwater and everything! Great choice! Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. this one sounds amazing! i'm also waiting on it! great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lvoe the sounds of this one. Talk about my kind of book! Love it :)

    International EVE giveaway

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this one before, but I love the cover. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds worth a read. And such a pretty cover! I Will be adding this one to my wishlist :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Great choice I'm excited for this as well. The cover is gorgeous.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by. Great choice, this sounds great and I love the cover. I am definitely adding this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sure sounds different from what I normally read. I'm tempted! Thanks for sharing it with us, Carina :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this one sounds crazy! I always find stories about mentally unstable people kind of fascinating. Looking forward to this one coming out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never heard of this book before. Sounds good. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds really great! The cover is gorgeous as well :) Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, there! Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my WOW post!

    This book sounds a little too creepy for my liking. Of course, it's a perfect pick for Halloween! The cover is certainly gorgeous!! Hope you can get is soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. First off, thanks for checking out our WoW this week!!!

    And secondly, that is a gorgeous cover!!! I love book covers! That is definitely going on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!