Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #28: The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Expected Publication: January 3rd, 2012
Pages: 256
Goodreads Summary:
Seraphina’s first love made her immortal…her second might get her killed. Incarnation is a new series that introduces a fresh mythology perfect for fans of bestselling series like The Immortals by Alyson Noel and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

After spending six hundred years on earth, Seraphina Ames has seen it all. Eternal life provides her with the world’s riches, but at a very high price: innocent lives. Centuries ago, her boyfriend, Cyrus, discovered a method of alchemy that allows them to swap bodies with other humans, jumping from one vessel to the next, taking the human’s life in the process. No longer able to bear the guilt of what she’s done, Sera escapes from Cyrus and vows to never kill again.

Then sixteen-year-old Kailey Morgan gets into a horrific car accident right in front of her, and Sera accidentally takes over her body. For the first time, Sera finds herself enjoying the life of the person she’s inhabiting—and falls for the human boy who lives next door. But Cyrus will stop at nothing until she’s his again, and every moment she stays, she’s putting herself and the people she’s grown to care for in great danger. Will Sera have to give up the one thing that’s eluded her for centuries: true love?

This sounds really interesting and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of it. What do you think? What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

23 comments:

  1. This was one of my picks this week too! It looks sooooo good, I can't wait.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! This one sounds really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite popular today and I am joining in the ranks of waiting for it too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, body swapping?? Sounds very interesting! Many people seem to be waiting for this title :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard of this before. Sounds amazing. Can't wait for it now. Adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really interesting. I'm definitely going to add it to my waiting list too!

    And may I say, I adore your blog name! I haven't seen you before today, but your blog is absolutely gorgeous :)

    Here is my WoW WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really excited for this one as well. I love the cover!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carina, I hadn't even heard of this book yet! Thank you for sharing it- I love that it's a little bit different from most other YA books out there right now so I'll have to add it to my (ever-growing) TBR list!

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this for the first time on another WOW. My interest is up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa. i love the cover and summary for this one. can't people i haven't heard of it yet! adding it to my to-read list right now! :D thanks, Giselle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds good, and the cover is really nice. I am going to add this to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick, this one is on my TBR list as well!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice, this sounds really interesting and it is going on my list. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cant believe you haven read Delirium too! you are such a sinner!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. Read it asap! =9

    thanks for stopping by ^__^ and I really like your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds very intriguing, haven;t heard of this book.
    Thanks for this WoW post :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick! I love the sound of this as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cover for that! I'm not too sure about the summary though. Thanks for stopping by!

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another person with this on their WOW list. Interesting choice. I like the cover. Not too sure if this book is right for me. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, I haven't heard of this one before! I must add it to my list. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen this one a few times it does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This one looks really good :) never heard of it before though. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cover looks very cool and dark. It's going to be a great book. Nice pick of the week. Thank you for sharing!

    Happy reading!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds really good! Can't wait till this one comes out. Love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!