Thursday, October 13, 2011

Short Story Review: Unveiled by Trisha Wolfe

Unveiled by Trisha Wolfe
First published: September 18th, 2011
Source: Received from author
Buy this: Amazon / Barnes & Noble
Goodreads Summary:
Amongst the wasteland lies the gleaming city of Karm. A Camelot-esque utopia built from the ashes of a dying world.

Seventeen-year-old Fallon is no daughter of Karm.
She's its assassin.

Raised by a secret society of rebels, she's bent on bringing down the king's sham of an existence. But her first mark, one of the king's top knights of the Force, makes her question everything. Even her heart.

My Rating: 5.0 / 5

First thoughts:
I'm very happy that I received a review e-copy of Unveiled, because even though it's a short story, it was a fantastic read and totally captivated me. Trisha Wolfe created a wonderful and very interesting world that I would love to see more of.

More detailed:
Unveiled is a short story set in a very intriguing world since it combines a somewhat historical setting with a dystopian future; I have never read anything like this before and I would love to find out more about this world. It's both, beautiful and scary and I can imagine that it would be the perfect setting for a dystopian novel.

While I usually love to read short stories that are additions to a series, it was really refreshing to read a short story with completely new characters in a new world. And despite it being very short (it didn't take more than thirty minutes to read), I could relate to the characters immediately and had no problem understanding the storyline. On top of that, the love story in Unveiled is very beautiful and relatable, too. Both, Fallon and Xander are great characters who are very likeable and it would be great to see how their story will develop in the future.

I also loved Trisha Wolfe's style of writing. This is of course the reason why getting into this short story is incredibly easy and why identifying with new characters within a few pages is possible. It's beautiful and flows easily. I'm definitely looking forward to read more of her work. All in all, Unveiled is a fantastic novelette which you definitely should take a closer look at. You won't be disappointed.

Trisha Wolfe's novel:
Destiny's Fire (2012)

Have you read Unveiled? What did you think about it?
Do you plan to read it?

Carina

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing review! Thank you, Carina =) So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 out of 5? Hot damn. Thanks for your review, I've haven't heard of this one but it's going on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo. Dystopian and Historical? Sounds like a dichotomy. I have to try this one on for size. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting has sort of the same theme. I just read it and enjoyed it. Adding this book to my list, for sure! Great review, as always, C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Carina! So glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!