Monday, October 31, 2011

Fictional Distractions of the Week #1


Welcome to a new feature on my blog: Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

First of all I'm planning to finish Destined by Jessie Harrell, which I'm really loving so far. My review is part of the Destined Blog Tour and will be posted Sunday.
Goodreads Summary:
When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear.

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined.

Destined is a fresh and heartachingly romantic retelling of the Cupid & Psyche myth from debut novelist, Jessie Harrell.

Then I'm planning to read Unlovable by Sherry Gammon. I got this one for review and I'm dying to read it since it sounds amazing!
Goodreads Summary:
Port Fare, New York, has fallen into the clutches of true evil. The Dreser brothers have arrived with a scheme to increase drug sales in the area by whatever means possible. Seth Prescott is part of MET (Mobile Enforcement Teams) a branch of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). He's been assigned to work undercover at Port Fare High, and things aren't going very well, until senior Maggie Brown enters the equation. He's harbored a secret crush on her from day one, and now that she is in the center of the case, he's trying to stay clear and objective while walking the line between business and unrequited love.

Maggie is truly the poster child for Heroin Chic, complete with jutting bones and dark-ringed eyes, but is she an addict, or is there another reason for her appearance? She struggles with her feelings for Seth, fearing he is just another person who will eventually let her down, as everyone in her life has done thus far.
Maggie has spent her life caring for her alcoholic mother. A task that has left her heavily burdened and alone. Before long, her mother's health takes a turn for the worst, sending Maggie's life into a tale-spin.

While Seth works relentlessly to inject fear into the dealers and flush them out into the open, Maggie fights to stay alive as the hunt turns deadly.

And in case university lets me spend more time with my books, I'll also read Brightest Kind of Darkness by P. T. Michelle. It's a book I got for review, too, and I've heard amazing things about it.
Goodreads Summary:
Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?

4 comments:

  1. All three of them are AWESOME. Although Unlovable is my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound INCREDIBLE. Can't wait to read your reviews! Am now adding them to my TBR list. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, my distractions of the week include;

    The Pact by Jodi Picoult annnnd if I finish it, Broken Prey by John Sanford. But I'm also competing in Nano this year do they really will be distractions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for your review of Destined the plot seems unique. I've never heard of ulovable it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!