Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cover Comparisons #25: Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
(US / UK / GER)


While the German cover is really cute, I think I prefer either the US or the UK cover - they just seem a little bit more mature to me and look like something I'd rather pick up. But I'm very unsure whether I'd prefer the US or the UK cover. Seeing these pictures on my laptop makes me want to say "US", but I've heard that the UK cover looks incredibly gorgeous in real life.

Which version do you like best?
US UK GER   
pollcode.com free polls 



Remember to like Fictional Distraction's new FACEBOOK PAGE. :)
Carina

9 comments:

  1. I vote UK on this one. You are right, the German is a bit juvenile however, the blue lips on the US look weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cuteness factor of the German cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely UK on this one! :) The German cover is cute, but it looks as if it would be more suited to a younger readers book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Uk cover looks fun. Def. a book I would pick up at the bookstore. I really want to read this book and now I want it with the UK cover. Thank you for showing these covers. I do kind of the same post, but then with Dutch covers. I live in Holland btw. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I like the US cover the best, but the UK cover is gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though all the covers are quite charming, the US appeals most to me. I think it's because it looks so magical and I love the title typography :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the blue lips would make me want to pick this up so US cover all the way. I actually still need to read this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all of these but probably the UK one more as it makes the book look like such fun and Forgive My Fins was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!