Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cover Comparisons #22: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
(US old / US new / GER)


Nightshade is the perfect example that German publishers sometimes don't even change the original covers too much and stick with the US versions. Although I don't really like the title placement on the German version, because it somehow seems to be "too much". But now the US publishers actually changed the cover and while I like the original version (especially the colors) and I know that many people don't like the cover change, I somehow like the new US version best.


Which version do you like best?
US old US new GER   
pollcode.com free polls 




Carina

5 comments:

  1. I like the old one much better. The new one, to me, is a bit strange.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these covers but I love the US old one! There so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the old covers as well! The new ones don't really make sense to me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new US cover best! I love the strong coloring on it (and Wolfsbane as well), in contrast with her. I also love how it shows her wolf side and manage to do it while looking gorgeous! For some reason, I never liked the old US cover... There's just something that bugs me! The new one is clean, colorful, yet simple. Just gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the German version the best, I like it when text is stacked and it fills the space more. The new U.S one is just . . . odd.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!