Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #23: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Publisher: HarperCollins
Expected Publication: January 24th, 2012
Pages: 320

Goodreads Summary:
For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning. 



I loved Unearthly so much and I can't wait to find out what will happen now to Clara, Christian and (most importantly) Tucker. 
What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

18 comments:

  1. Great pick! I adored Unearthly and can't wait to read Hallowed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I so want this one now! Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still need to read unearthly but when i do i'm probably going to want this one too. heard nothing but good things about unearthly.

    check out our WoW post this week. :)

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker! I want to read this book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book....but this one sounds very tempting.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Unearthly and am looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Unearthly! I'm hoping to get to it soon! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen Unearthly popping up so I think I need to get hold of a copy, this sounds good.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend that is just DYING to read this. Awesome pick!!!

    Paranormal Wastelands WoW
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    Zompacolypse is coming. Are you infected?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I still need to read Unearthly!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I loved Unearthly too! I can't wait for this one!

    My WoW involves an author and a new YA coming out in October, take a look here. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unearthly was my absolute favorite January 2011 book, so I'm dying to read Hallowed! Hopefully it's just as good as its predecessor! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, I'm waiting for Hallowed,too. I really enjoyed Unearthly and am definitely Team Tucker:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Unearthly, one of the best angel stories I've read. I can't wait for this one either :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great, Good choice!!

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have had this on my TBR. I can't wait to read it. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was very on edge a lot of the book, but totally in a good way. It was one of those page turners you don't want to put down. Once again, I will be highly anticipating the next installment. Cynthia Hand has completely wrapped me up in this story. This is a wonderful series and I need more!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!