Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cover Comparisons #20: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Forgotten by Cat Patrick
(US / UK / GER)


This book has been on my to-read list for so long now and I still haven't bought a copy yet. But I really can't say which cover is appealing to me the most. I love the pink in the German cover, but I'm not sure whether this represents the story in any way. I don't really like the US cover, but I would pick up the UK cover.


Which version do you like best?
US UK GER   
pollcode.com free polls 




Cover Comparisons is back. Yay! With a poll and a pretty pink box. Do you like it?
Carina

11 comments:

  1. UK! I love the contrast in color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely love the UK cover more than the US one. To me that's more plain and I feel as if the UK represents the story more, of the past & future. It's the first time I see the German one and even if I like the cover, it's not enough to beat the UK one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'd have to say either the US or UK one.. they definitely stand out most to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I find the different covers interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I voted Germany but then I decided I like the UK one best!
    Lol
    I like them all but do love the UK one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the UK one best! I really don't like the US one... I'm not sure why - I guess I don't like the big scratchy black writing in front of the picture :L The German one's pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the UK one (: Actually I have it, it looks amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was torn between the UK and the German cover. I love the UK cover but voted German because of the butterflies LOL There's also a different cover for Australia, it's actually going to be in my IMM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's the Australian cover...pretty also

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-r3gqf6Std8/TQj9aP1aOII/AAAAAAAAA9A/nwxvTiZmMnU/s1600/Aussie-Cover.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  10. The UK and German covers are both captivating. I don't much care for the big block print on the US version.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!