Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #22: Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Expected Publication: April 2nd, 2012
Pages: 384

Goodreads Summary:
When seventeen-year-old Rosie’s mother, Trudie, dies from Huntington’s Disease, her pain is intensified by the knowledge that she has a fifty-per-cent chance of inheriting the crippling disease herself. Only when she tells her mum’s best friend, ‘Aunt Sarah’ that she is going to test for the disease does Sarah, a midwife, reveal that Trudie was not her biological mother after all... Devastated, Rosie decides to trace her real mother, hitching along on her ex-boyfriend’s GAP year to follow her to Los Angeles. But all does not go to plan, and as Rosie discovers yet more of her family's deeply-buried secrets and lies, she is left with an agonising decision of her own - one which will be the most heart-breaking and far-reaching of all... 



I'm very sorry for my absence during the last week, but I spent most of my time in my bed or on my sofa (constantly watching old Sex and the City episodes) and hoping that I'll finally feel better. I'll try to catch up on my reviews today and hope that the breakfast I just ate will help me gain some weight again (I lost 3.5kg while I was gone). 

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

P.s.: Also don't forget to enter my intl. giveaway.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. added this last week! it looks AWESOME!!

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I'm also waiting for this one ;) I love the cover :) looking forward on reading this one!

    here's ours!
    Waiting on Wednesday Post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really great read! Good pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, hope you feel better soon!

    I've had this book on my list for a while now. It sounds so good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this one. I'm adding it! Thanks!




    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of Someone Else's Life, but it sounds awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is so beautiful,no summary necessary. I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!