Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #19: Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Expected Publication: October 11th, 2011
Pages: 400

Goodreads Summary:
Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities.  But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold. 
To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away.  When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point.  Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie—and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive...
 



I was so positively surprised by the first novel of this series, Born at Midnight, which I loved so much - therefore it's no surprise that I'm desperately awaiting the release of this novel. 

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

12 comments:

  1. Your choice certainly looks like an interesting read! Thanks for sharing :D
    This is My WoW. Please, feel free to pass by and have a look.

    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Born At Midnight. I'll have to check it out before this one comes out! Great choice! You can see what I'm waiting on over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Born at Midnight yet, but it's on my list. Great Wow. Stop by my site if you feel like it, new follower
    My WoW:

    Drink Deep WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Born at Midnight, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I've heard good things though, and I'm sure the sequel will be good as well!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick! I really need to read the first book, I've heard good things about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I loved Born at Midnight! =)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stories with Supernatural elements! :)

    Check out Em's WoW!

    Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is the nicest author! I cannot wait for her next book!
    Karen @ Books Beside My Bed

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want to read the first book in this series. It sounds like a very entertaining new series :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I really need to read the first book it's been on my tbr pile for ages.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just reviewed Born at Midnight on my blog. I am excited for this as well. I loved the first book (which, honestly, surprised me). Great choice!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound good! I haven't read the first book yet though, so I'll have to read that first. Enjoy :)

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!